3 relationship behaviours that are still as toxic as ever

Forum 7 years ago

3 relationship behaviours that are still as toxic as ever

How people date and fall in love in 2016 is surely different from how it was done in the 80's, 90's and in the early part of the millenium.

Regardless of the things that have changed, the relationship behaviours listed below are still as toxic as ever and should have no place between couples who intend to stay together for long.

Using jealousy to gain your partner's attention

No matter how bad things get between you and your partner, you should never bring anyone else into the mix.

Yes, you might think flirting with someone else will make them get scared of losing you and get their act together quickly, but what if they do not even do right after all that?

What if you fall into the mistake of actually cheating with that other person?

Instead of taking this risky move, communicate with your partner. Communication remains very potent.

Expecting too much

Everyone retains their differences, regardless of who they fall in love with, so manage to keep your expectation in check.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting more for someone, but once that crosses the line of trying to manipulate someone into doing something they’re not really feeling, it is totally uncool, justas it has been over all the years.

Keeping score of wrongs

If you choose someone to be in a relationship with, there is a presumption that you are willing to stick with them through their mistakes and also be willing to always forgive.

Therefore it does not make a lot of sense if, instead of forgiving your partner’s mistakes, you choose to keep score and hold their errors over their head all the time.

Quit it.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Sacrifice The Illegal Relationship You Have With Judy Austin To Make Your Daughter Happy - Sarah Martins Tells Yul Edochie
Forum | 1 week ago

Sacrifice The Illegal Relationship You Have With Judy Austin To Make Your Daughter Happy - Sarah Martins Tells Yul Edochie

I Knew I Would Marry My Wife a Month Into Our Relationship – Ebuka Obi-Uchendu
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Knew I Would Marry My Wife a Month Into Our Relationship – Ebuka Obi-Uchendu

You Are In A Lesbian Relationship If Your Man Collects Money From You Without Giving Back To You - BBNaija
Forum | 4 weeks ago

You Are In A Lesbian Relationship If Your Man Collects Money From You Without Giving Back To You - BBNaija's Doyin Tells Women

Chris Brown Lists The Benefits Of Being In A Relationship With Him
Forum | 1 month ago

Chris Brown Lists The Benefits Of Being In A Relationship With Him