I Sold Properties Trying To Save My Late Wife From Cancer – Actor Lekan Olatunji Speaks On Wife's Demise (Video)

Forum 2 months ago

I Sold Properties Trying To Save My Late Wife From Cancer – Actor Lekan Olatunji Speaks On Wife's Demise (Video)

Popular Nigerian actor, Lekan Olatunji has spoken about how he lost his wife, Wunmi to breast cancer.

During an interview with Biola Bayo on her show, Talk to B, Lekan Olatunji stated that he had to sell two of his cars, totalling N4 million, in an attempt to save his wife’s life, but unfortunately, his efforts were in vain.

He revealed that they were unaware of his wife’s cancer until they went for a medical check-up and discovered that the cancer had already spread to her spinal cord, rendering her unable to function normally.

According to him, the doctors who examined her were astounded that her body hadn’t started deteriorating despite the advanced stage of her cancer.

He said;

“When we came to Lagos for the check-up, we didn’t even see any Nigerians, they were like apprentices there. Indians were the ones operating the machines.

From there we were given the result and when we saw the result, it was cancer. But instead of reacting in her body, it hit her spinal cord. That was why she couldn’t walk again. Cancer of the bre*st, she just had something little there, but it wasn’t paining her.

When I questioned her about it, she said she told her Matron and she said it was due to family planning and it wasn’t paining her truthfully. It wasn’t reacting in her body at all.

Even the doctors that examined her said her body ought to have started decaying, at the level that it was. They said we were going to do 2 urgent surgeries worth N12.5million.

In her presence, she looked at me and started crying. I said don’t worry, I went outside and started crying. 12.5m, where will I see it? So the whole family had to be involved because we couldn’t hide it anymore.

We were about to fly her out, but unfortunately, we didn’t get a Visa on time. Because the family head said we should bring her over to America, and the expenses will be deducted from his salary. If we don’t do the first operation to correct the spinal cord, she won’t be able to walk again. I sold two of my cars for 4 million.

The first surgery we did was 5.8million, everything we spent was about N7.8million in Lagos and she was there for like two weeks”.

Watch the video of him speaking below;

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 1 day ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 1 day ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update