Do Not Join Protest Against Tinubu, You Will Be Targeted – Ohanaeze Warns Igbo Youths

Forum 2 months ago

Do Not Join Protest Against Tinubu, You Will Be Targeted – Ohanaeze Warns Igbo Youths

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo has warned Igbo youths not to join in any planned nationwide protest.

This is as Nigerians are currently protesting against President Bola Tinubu-led federal government amid the hardship Nigerians are currently experiencing.

Ohanaeze’s President-General, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, warned that Igbo youths are usually arrested and prosecuted with serious charges when they join protests against the Nigerian government.

Speaking in Enugu, Iwuanyanwu described the current economic crisis in Nigeria as unfortunate, stressing that he would convene a meeting of top Igbo economists and experts to strategize on how to overcome the hardships.

“As your leader, I am directing that no Igbo group or community in Nigeria or the diaspora should join any protest against this government.

“I am still studying the situation and I have asked those who made entreaties to me to tell me what their position was prior to the current administration.

“I have asked what they did when Igbo land was disenfranchised in the past,’’ he said.

“Igbos are opposed to military rule and prefer a democratic government where we can express our views.

“Youths all over the world are very restive and sensitive to issues affecting their future. In Nigeria, Igbo youths and youths from other tribes at various times have expressed their dissatisfaction with events in the country.

“It is clear to us that when youths from other tribes of the country are involved, they are reprimanded and forgiven but when Igbo youths get involved they are arrested, incarcerated and even charged for serious offences.

“For example, the arrest and detention of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu generated a lot of problems for Igbos.

“Many Igbos, including governors, lawmakers, religious leaders, traditional rulers, and business leaders pleaded for the release of Mazi Kanu without success.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello
Forum | 3 days ago

Alleged N80.2bn fraud: Kogi Youths Protest EFCC’s Move to Arrest Yahaya Bello