Somebody Stole N60M Donated to Peter Obi - Diehard Supporter Claims

Forum 1 month ago

Somebody Stole N60M Donated to Peter Obi - Diehard Supporter Claims

It has been alleged that a member of Peter Obi's team has stolen around N60 million donated for Obi's Presidential campaign in 2023.

The shocking allegation was made by  @MissPearls, a strong supporter of Obi on Sunday via a series of posts on her X handle.

According to her, someone donated N60,000,000.00 to Obi but a greedy middle man ‘pocketed’ everything.

She disclosed that the former Anambra State governor has found out about the incident and is now insisting that the unnamed middle man must refund the donor.

@MissPearls went on to claim that a person can’t be corrupt around Obi and go scot free, adding that the coming days will be very interesting.

“The corruption we were vehemently speaking against was happening right under our noses and we didn’t even know

“I trust Obi. You cant be corrupt around him and go scot free. The coming days will be very interesting!

“So someone donated N60M to Peter Obi. A whooping N60M. A greedy middle man pocketed EVERYTHING. Now Obi has found out and said the middle man must refund the donor. Lobatan!,” she wrote on her X handle.

Meanwhile, DAILY POST on Monday reached out to Yunusa Tanko, one of the spokespersons of Obi’s presidential campaign, to seek his comments on the matter.

Although he did not confirm the incident, Tanko noted that Obi had always insisted that people should account for money given to them.

He said: “I don’t know or have heard about that but what I know is that his Excellency Mr Peter Obi has always said that if there are contributions or donations being made for a particular project in support of his candidature, they should account for the persons who have given them the money.

“For example, if I am looking for a support, say I want to mobilize people or agents for Peter Obi and I will now solicit for fund, If people donate to me, it’s incumbent for me to account for those who donated to me.

“In this case, whoever that donated money to that particular person should ask, ‘what was the money meant for, and how was the money used?’ with proof.

“That is why I said, knowing fully well that such a thing could happen, that is why Mr Peter Obi said people should account for money. And it’s because he called people out that’s why people are hearing that people donated ‘X’ amount of money somewhere ‘ABC’, which he didn’t know.

“I am only saying that Peter Obi has asked people to account for money given to them by any group or whosever.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Stolen Girl: Kate Beckinsale, Scott Eastwood, & More Join Thriller Movie

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 3 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri
Forum | 5 days ago

I Recommended Peter Obi To Atiku, Can’t Support Tinubu In 2027 – Reno Omokri