Soldiers Were Killed Fighting For Tompolo, Not Peacekeeping In Okuama – Youth Alleges

Forum 1 month ago

Soldiers Were Killed Fighting For Tompolo, Not Peacekeeping In Okuama – Youth Alleges

Further disclosures have surfaced regarding the massacre of 16 soldiers in Okuama community, Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State, purportedly carried out by certain youths.

The latest revelation by one of the youths who presumably fought with the military alleged that the soldiers were not on a peacekeeping mission in Okuama, adding that they were fighting in favour of Niger Delta warlord, Tompolo.

In a widely circulated video online, the youth, who refused to disclose his name said: “Okuama and Okoloba have land issues but Ijaw people whom the federal government have given power to go after bunkery are using the Army to guide their products to the point of sales. They used the Army to pick people from Okuama community.

“The three people taken were slaughtered, and now they are coming back to pick community leaders and you know that once community leaders are captured; the youths are powerless.

“Those soldiers were not in Okuama for peacekeeping, they were fighting in favour of Tompolo who ordered them to do so.”

However, the Nigerian Army had said the troops of the 181 Amphibious Battalion were on a peaceful and mediatory mission after a reported case of a communal clash between Okuama and Okoloba communities in Ughelli South and Bomadi Local Government Areas of Delta State, erupted.

The soldiers were said to have been ambushed and murdered in cold blood by an armed youth gang of the community, in the most sacrilegious manner.

A Commanding Officer, two Majors, one Captain and twelve soldiers and a civilian were killed during the incident.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 19 hours ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 19 hours ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 3 days ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi