Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests

Forum 1 week ago

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests

The Idea of You actress Anne Hathaway — who rose to fame with starring roles in acclaimed romantic comedies — revealed that early aughts chemistry tests were “gross.” Hathaway also added that she had to adhere to the standard in order to avoid being labeled “difficult.”

“Back in the 2000s — and this did happen to me — it was considered normal to ask an actor to make out with other actors to test for chemistry. Which is actually the worst way to do it,” she told V magazine. “I was told, ‘We have ten guys coming today and you’re cast. Aren’t you excited to make out with all of them?’ And I thought, ‘Is there something wrong with me?’ because I wasn’t excited. I thought it sounded gross.”

She continued, “And I was so young and terribly aware how easy it was to lose everything by being labeled ‘difficult,’ so I just pretended I was excited and got on with it. It wasn’t a power play, no one was trying to be awful or hurt me. It was just a very different time and now we know better.”

Anne Hathaway continues to reinvent herself

Hathaway has already established herself as one of the greatest actors in the movie industry, having kicked off her career on the big screen with a slew of rom-com features including The Princess Diaries, Ella Enchanted, The Devil Wears Prada, Bride Wars, Valentine’s Day, and Love & Other Drugs, among others.

Besides rom-com, the actress has also proved that she has a knack for other genres, with roles in The Dark Knight Rises, Les Misérables, Interstellar, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Ocean’s 8, The Hustle, The Last Thing He Wanted, and Armageddon Time. Her most recent big-screen projects include Eileen, She Came to Me, Mothers’ Instinct, and The Idea of You.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 6 days ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama
Forum | 1 week ago

Grosse Pointe Garden Society Cast Adds Aja Naomi King to NBC Murder Drama

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 1 week ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On
Forum | 1 week ago

Nollywood Actress, Amaka Chukwujewu Opens Up About Her Life, Reveals What Turns Her On