"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie

Forum 2 weeks ago

Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie

Kevin Feige passed on Ryan Reynolds’ initial Deadpool & Wolverine pitch.

Speaking with Empire Magazine, Feige recalled Reynolds’ first pitch for the upcoming Marvel Studios movie Deadpool & Wolverine.

Feige described the pitch as a “Rashomon story about Wolverine and Deadpool and something that they got into together, but told from three completely different perspectives. It was a way to make a large-scale movie in a very small way.”

Explaining why he rejected the pitch, Feige said, “The truth is, I wasn’t even sure how to incorporate Deadpool yet. I was very much thinking about how to bring mutants and the X-Men into [the MCU], and I thought it needed to be more than just playing the hits. But the truth is, Ryan is an idea machine. So he may have pitched that to me, but he also pitched 25 other thoughts and ideas.”

Reynolds said that he “wrote up about 18 different treatments” for Deadpool & Wolverine after Feige turned the first idea down. “Some of them almost like a Sundance film, a budget of under $10 million, sort of using the IP in a way that they previously hadn’t used, and I pitched bigger movies, and I pitched things in-between,” Reynolds recalled.

Who stars in Marvel’s Deadpool & Wolverine?

Deadpool & Wolverine stars Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Emma Corrin as Cassandra Nova, Morena Baccarin as Vanessa, Rob Delaney as Peter, Leslie Uggams as Blind Al, Karan Soni as Dopinder, Matthew Macfadyen as Paradox, Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Stefan Kapičić as Colossus, and Shioli Kutsuna as Yukio.

The film is directed by Shawn Levy, who co-wrote the screenplay with Reynolds, Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, and Zeb Wells.

Deadpool & Wolverine releases in United States theaters on July 26, 2024, as part of Phase Five of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Previews Kevin Costner Western Epic
Forum | 23 hours ago

Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Previews Kevin Costner Western Epic

Leslye Headland’s The Acolyte Pitch Made Lucasfilm President Cry
Forum | 1 day ago

Leslye Headland’s The Acolyte Pitch Made Lucasfilm President Cry

EPL: He’s everywhere on pitch – Alan Smith praises Man Utd star
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: He’s everywhere on pitch – Alan Smith praises Man Utd star