"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Firebrand Trailer Sets Release Date for Alicia Vikander & Jude Law Historical Drama

Forum 1 week ago

Firebrand Trailer Sets Release Date for Alicia Vikander & Jude Law Historical Drama

A new Firebrand trailer is out, previewing the upcoming British historical drama recounting the life of Katherine Parr, the sixth and final wife of Henry VIII.

Alongside the trailer, Roadside Attractions also announced that Firebrand would be premiering in theaters on June 14, 2024. The upcoming film stars Alicia Vikander as Parr and Jude Law as Henry VIII. Alongside them, Firebrand also stars Eddie Marsan, Ruby Bentall, Bryony Hannah, Sam Riley, and Maia Jemmett.

The film is directed by Karim Aïnouz, and originally had its premiere at last year’s Cannes Film Festival, where it competed for the Palm d’Or, the festival’s top prize.

Check out the Firebrand trailer below

What is Firebrand about?

“In blood-soaked Tudor England, twice married, accomplished, and educated Katherine Parr (Vikander), reluctantly agrees to become the sixth wife of the tyrannical King Henry VIII (Law),” reads the film’s official synopsis. “Her consent to marry him carries great personal risk, given that her predecessors are either vanquished, beheaded, or dead. When Henry appoints her as Regent, the nation’s ruler during his absence when he departs to fight overseas, he lays a dangerous path for her. Henry’s courtiers, suspecting she’s sympathetic to radical Protestant beliefs that have taken root in the kingdom and are a threat to their power, scheme against her and cast doubts upon her fidelity to the increasingly ailing and paranoid King.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Penguin Friend Trailer Previews True Story Based on DinDim
Forum | 2 days ago

My Penguin Friend Trailer Previews True Story Based on DinDim

Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Previews Kevin Costner Western Epic
Forum | 2 days ago

Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Previews Kevin Costner Western Epic

Insidious 6 Receives Official Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

Insidious 6 Receives Official Release Date