Arsenal Boss Wenger Apologies After Clashing With Officials In 2-1 Win Over Burnley (Read)

Forum 7 years ago

Arsenal Boss Wenger Apologies After Clashing With Officials In 2-1 Win Over Burnley (Read)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he “regrets everything” after he followed his dismissal by pushing fourth official Anthony Taylor during Sunday’s dramatic victory over Burnley.

Wenger was sent off for reacting angrily to a 93rd-minute penalty given to Burnley, who trailed 1-0.

Andre Gray converted to equalise but Alexis Sanchez then scored another penalty to give Arsenal a 2-1 win.

“I should have shut up – I apologise for not having done that,” said Wenger.

“It was nothing malicious. I should have kept my control, even if it was in a hectic time.”

Wenger could face action from the Football Association over the incident.

The Frenchman was sent to the stands by referee Jon Moss but stood at the tunnel entrance as he tried to watch the remaining few minutes.

Taylor appeared to tell Wenger to go down the tunnel but he refused to move.“Look, it was nothing bad,” added Wenger.“

I said something that you hear every day in football. Overall, nine times out of 10, you are not sent to the stand for that.

“If I am, I am, and I should have shut up completely. I was quite calm for the whole game, more than usual.”

Alan Pardew, then Newcastle’s manager, was given a two-game touchline ban and fined £20,000 in 2012 when he pushed assistant referee Peter Kirkup during a game with Tottenham.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Winter Spring Summer or Fall First Image Previews Jenna Ortega-Led Romantic Drama

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 2 days ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: They can make it difficult- Klinsmann picks team to win Bayern vs Arsenal

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City