‘Blame Me For Southampton Loss’- Leicester Boss Ranieri Says

Forum 7 years ago

‘Blame Me For Southampton Loss’- Leicester Boss Ranieri Says

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri said he was to blame for the champions’ 3-0 defeat to Southampton at St Mary’s on Sunday afternoon.

Goals from James Ward-Prowse, Jay Rodriguez and Dusan Tadic consigned the Foxes to a second consecutive 3-0 defeat and Ranieri put the results down to his decision to change formation.

The Foxes are yet to win on the road in the Premier League this season and remain 15th in the table, just five points above the relegation zone.

“The last two matches I changed the shape to help my players to play better and find the right solution,” the Italian said.

“But maybe I made mistakes and was wrong – against Chelsea, when I played with three at the back and today, when I played with a diamond.

“My players are used to playing in a 4-4-2,or 4-2-3-1, or 4-4-1-1, and they recognise the position, the game, the movement, everything.“

I wanted to give something more, but I made a mistake and I was wrong.

“It is much better to give to them what they know very well. I looked and had to push a lot with this system, this mentality, but keep going and improve of course.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 4 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brentford boss celebrates Onyeka’s first Premier League goal

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde
Forum | 1 week ago

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde