Commotion in Nasarawa as Couple Steal 4-year-old Pupil Returning Home From School...Shocking Details

Forum 7 years ago

Commotion in Nasarawa as Couple Steal 4-year-old Pupil Returning Home From School...Shocking Details

The parents of a four-year-old Nursery 1 pupil, Godwin Monday, are currently in distress, following the boy’s abduction around Kadapa Market, Maraba, Nasarawa State, Punch Metro reports.

Godwin, who attends God’s Own School, was reportedly stolen by a yet-to-be-identified couple around 2.30pm after the school closed on Monday.

Punch Metro reports that Godwin’s nine-year-old sister had been sent to pick him from the school and they were returning home when the fleeing abductors approached them.

The man was said to have pretended to be endeared to the boy, saying that he would like to enroll his child in the school.

It was gathered that the man asked the girl to lead him to the school, while Godwin stayed with the woman.

They had parted ways after showing him the school, only for her to return to the spot and discovered that the woman had disappeared with Godwin.

It was, however, said that his school bag was recovered at the scene of the incident.

Godwin’s father, Serkida Monday, said the family had not got any hint of his whereabouts, adding that the incident was reported at police formations in Nasarawa and Abuja.

He said, “We live in Maraba and his school is not far from our residence. I was in the office when my wife called me on the telephone that Godwin had been abducted. She was at home. He was abducted around Maraba when he was returning from the school. His sister had gone to pick him.

“They met two persons, who claimed to be a couple, on the way. The couple confused her and took the boy from her. The man said he liked the school and told my daughter to take him there so that they could also enroll their child. He convinced her to let her brother stay with his wife, while they headed for the school. That was how they went away with Godwin.

“I reported the case at the Maraba and Abacha Road police stations in Nasarawa State, and Zone 7 in Abuja, and it has been radioed.”

When asked why the girl was sent to pick Godwin while the mother was at home, Serkida said, “That was not the first time she would go to pick him in the school. What has happened cannot be reversed. Our prayer is to find him.”

The Nasarawa State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Kennedy Idirisu, promised to get back to our correspondent, but he had yet to do so as of press time.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2
Forum | 6 hours ago

That ’90s Show: Mila Kunis Reveals if She and Ashton Kutcher Are Returning for Season 2

Suits Returning To Broadcast TV After Successful Netflix Run
Forum | 16 hours ago

Suits Returning To Broadcast TV After Successful Netflix Run

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 1 day ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

OAUTHC admission into school of community health for 2024/2025 academic session
Forum | 1 day ago

OAUTHC admission into school of community health for 2024/2025 academic session