Couple Who Couldn't Conceive Design A Baby Doll To Look Like Them. Photos

Forum 7 years ago

Couple Who Couldn't Conceive Design A Baby Doll To Look Like Them. Photos

A desperate couple had to design "reborn baby" doll to look just like them.

Instead of being delivered in a hospital, Baby George was delivered by a postie. Family and friends watched excitedly as he was unwrapped.

The parents, Crystal and Terry dote on the lifelike doll so much they spent £250 on Christmas presents for him and took him in his pram to meet Santa.

Seeing herself and her hubby ­reflected in his face so perfectly means the world to Crystal, who contacted the doll artist after being told it was unlikely she could ever have children.

The 24-year-old told the Sunday People: “He looked just like the picture the artist sent us, I could see he had my eyes and Terry’s nose.

George looked exactly how I always imagined my baby would.

“I’d spent my adult life dreaming of being a mum, imagining what my baby would look like.

When we got together in 2008 I told Terry my hopes of having a family and he said he couldn’t wait to be a dad. It was all we wanted.”

Two years later the couple began trying for a baby. Nothing ­happened so in 2013 they turned to doctors.

She recalled: “My doctor explained I had a condition which meant my body didn’t make eggs. It was impossible for me to get pregnant naturally.

Crystal and Terry paid £350 and sent the artist images of themselves, then waited for their baby. When George arrived in October last year, Crystal and Terry, 34, held an opening ceremony at their home in Ealing, West London, sharing the ­moment with family and friends in a Facebook video.

Next year the proud parents plan to take delivery of a reborn baby sister for George – and they can’t wait to grow their family.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 10 hours ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano
Forum | 14 hours ago

Newborn Baby Drowns Inside A Well In Kano

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 17 hours ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi