I Just Wanted to Sell Him - Confessions of Farmer Caught After Abducting His Sister's Child (Photo)

Forum 7 years ago

I Just Wanted to Sell Him - Confessions of Farmer Caught After Abducting His Sister's Child (Photo)

A 42-year-old farmer identified as Unogwu Agbese of Apa-Agila community in Igumale district of Ado local government area in Benue State is now facing the wrath of the law for abducting his friend’s child with an intention to sell him, DailyTrust reports.

Speaking to a correspondent, the suspect who also designs mortar to earn a living, confessed at the state police headquarters in Makurdi where he was paraded alongside several suspects for various crimes that he actually committed the offence for which he is being held.

“I took the five-year old child from Apa to Abuja without the consent of his parents because I wanted to see if I can get somebody to buy him. The father is my childhood friend and the mother is my sister,” he said.

Narrating further, the suspect who is father of three, said that when he couldn’t get a buyer, he returned the child the following day without pressure from any quarter only to be arrested later by the police.

He however, declined to answer any question as to why he opted to sell his friend’s child instead of his and what he needed the money for or why he voluntarily returned the minor to his parent.

An Assistant Superintendent, Moses Joel Yamu, who paraded the suspect, said that the case of abduction against Agbese was first reported at the Ado Police Division penultimate Wednesday by one Emmanuel Edeh of Apa-Agila community.

The Police spokesman, said that the complainant reported that the suspect, Agbese abducted his five year old son, David Emmanuel to Abuja without his consent.

He added that luck ran out of Agbese as the security operatives spread out their drag nets immediately and he was arrested while the child was recovered from his possession unhurt two days after and handed over to the police.

Agbese, according to the police, would soon be charged to court for the law of the land to take its full course.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 12 hours ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student
Forum | 1 day ago

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student

It’s Shameful For EFCC to Declare Yahaya Bello Wanted – Activist, Israel Joe
Forum | 1 day ago

It’s Shameful For EFCC to Declare Yahaya Bello Wanted – Activist, Israel Joe

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK