Mr Health Minister, are You Mad or Mad is Madding You? - Gov. Fayose's Aide Lambast Health Minister

Forum 7 years ago

Mr Health Minister, are You Mad or Mad is Madding You? - Gov. Fayose's Aide Lambast Health Minister

The Ekiti State Governor's Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, took to his Facebook page on Thursday and lambasted Nigeria's Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, for faulting the research done by a professor who claimed he found a cure for HIV/Aids.

Recall that Prof. Maduike Ezeibe of Veterinary Medicine and Clinical Virology Department, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umuahia, Abia, was reported to have developed a drug that eliminated the deadly virus in some patients.

Ezeibe claimed that the drug, which was produced with “Aluminium Magnesium Silicate”, had the clinical ability to “reach all cells’’ and make HIV “a conquered organism”. He said the drug was successfully tested on 10 persons living with HIV.

In the controversial post on social media, Olayinka wrote;

"Mr Health Minister, are you the one madding mad or mad is madding you?

"Should not obtaining your stupid permit before carrying out the research be the issue or the effectiveness of The drug?

"I understand your plight and those of your vampires in the health ministry anyway. The moment there is a drug that can cure HIV/AIDS from Nigeria, all those WHO grants on HIV/AIDS prevention will stop."

It was gathered that the minister of health had on Wednesday, February 15, said it had been established that the experiment carried out by a professor of veterinary medicine and clinical virology was illegal.

He, however, said the Federal Government was still waiting for the full report of the investigation it instituted into the professor’s recent claim that he had discovered a cure for HIV/AIDS.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
People Inciting Me to Probe Gov Yusuf – Kano Anti-graft Agency Chair
Forum | 12 mins ago

Forum | 16 mins ago

Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Drops To N1,000/$ – Minister Of Power, Adelabu Says
Forum | 3 days ago

Electricity Tariff Will Reduce If Exchange Rate Drops To N1,000/$ – Minister Of Power, Adelabu Says

Gov Yahaya Extends Eid-el-Fitir Holiday In Gombe
Forum | 5 days ago

Gov Yahaya Extends Eid-el-Fitir Holiday In Gombe