Queen of All Nigerian Virgins: Celebration in Lagos as Student Emerges 'Miss Virginity' 2017

Forum 7 years ago

Queen of All Nigerian Virgins: Celebration in Lagos as Student Emerges 'Miss Virginity' 2017

16-year-old Dolapo Makunjuola, a student, has been crowned the “Queen of the Virgins” at the 2017 Miss Virginity beauty pageant as she emerged winner out of 35 contestants in an event held in Lagos on Saturday

Miss Makunjuola, who thanked the organisers and her “fellow virgins” after she was crowned, said;

“I am very excited to be the winner of this event. I intend being a virgin until I am ripe for marriage and I don’t want to dent my image and that of my parents.”

According to Premium Times, it was a drab event inside the headquarters of Surulere local government devoid of the glitz and glamour usually associated with beauty pageants, as each of the contestants only answered questions mostly on current affairs fielded by a master of ceremony.

However, no prize was announced for the winner of the pageant.

Speaking to a correspondent, Adunni Adediran, the organiser, said the contest was an avenue to propagate the importance of women keeping their virginity till their wedding night, adding that this year's event was a deviation from the past, beginning from 2007 when the pageant was founded.

A gynaecologist was always brought to confirm the virginity of prospective contestants beforehand.

Ms. Adediran said she was “called to order” by the Lagos State Ministry of Education, forcing her to stop the practice.

"We used to have a gynecologist who examines the girls before the event, but the ministry of education invited me and told me they disliked the attitude of a man looking at the girls privacy and I was depressed that day,” Ms. Adediran said.

“But was it not better for one man, a federal gynaecologist in a twinkle of an eye, to check if they were virgins or not, than the girls selling themselves from one bed to another bed? I have stopped examining the girls because they asked me to stop.”

On how the girls were verified and ascertained virgins, Ms. Adediran said she merely reached out to their mothers to talk to them before they participate in the pageant.

“What we now do is like a workshop, a seminar warning them, telling them how important it is to be a virgin before the night of their marriage, while the winner here will be decided based on the questions that will be asked them.”

One of the contestants, 40-year-old Veronica Nwokedi said she heard about the pageant for virgins last year through her “brother’s wife’s friend who is also a virgin.”

“On hearing about this event, I felt so excited because this has been my dream, to be among the virgins, because many people say that there are no virgins anymore,” she said.

“So seeing a lot of young girls here who are virgins really gives me joy. I was tested severally when I felt sick in Benin and even the doctors felt shocked on finding out that I was a virgin.”

Miss Nwokedi encouraged younger ladies to cherish their virginity because it brings forth God’s blessings.

“It is not really easy to be a virgin, but it is a good thing,” she said.

“Your husband will love and trust you so much without having any iota of doubt in his wife. Even when the lady is seen in the midst of men, the husband will feel relaxed and confident, knowing fully well that he was the one that deflowered his wife.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Video of a Student And His Teacher Engaging in Heated Argument Sparks Outrage
Forum | 1 day ago

Video of a Student And His Teacher Engaging in Heated Argument Sparks Outrage

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party
Forum | 1 day ago

Drama as Nigerian Man Slaps Girlfriend Over Cake-cutting at Party

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 1 day ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge
Forum | 1 day ago

Cement-Laden Truck, Commercial Bus Collide On Lagos Bridge