Wayne Rooney Rejects £1M Per Week Move To China And Gives Reasons For The Turn Down

Forum 7 years ago

Wayne Rooney Rejects £1M Per Week Move To China And Gives Reasons For The Turn Down

England and Manchester United's highest goal scorer and captain, Wayne Rooney, has finally rejected a mouthwatering move to the Chinese Super league that would have made him the highest earning footballer on earth with a staggering £1m per week salary.

Rooney who has been on the fringes of the first team this season, had uptill Tuesday next week to accept the offer from China and leave Man U, where he was no longer guaranteed first team football despite salary outlay of over £250,000 per week.

In a new statement released on Manchester United's official website, the footballer revealed he is set to stay at Manchester United and fight for his place with the team.

“Despite the interest which has been shown from other clubs, for which I’m grateful, I want to end recent speculation and say that I am staying at Manchester United," declared the Reds' record goalscorer. “I hope I will play a full part in helping the team in its fight for success on four fronts. “It’s an exciting time at the club and I want to remain a part of it.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 2 days ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time
Forum | 2 days ago

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 4 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 15, 2024
Forum | 5 days ago

Top 10 Trending Movies of the Past Week : Week 15, 2024