Why are Chibok Girls Still Not Been Rescued? - US President-elect, Donald Trump Asks

Forum 7 years ago

Why are Chibok Girls Still Not Been Rescued? - US President-elect, Donald Trump Asks

While speaking in a four-page list of Africa-related questions, the transition team of the United States President-elect, Donald Trump, have asked the US State Department why America has not helped with fighting Boko Haram in Nigeria.

They also questioned why all the Chibok girls have not been rescued and harped on the need to send foreign aid to Africa. “We’ve been fighting al-Shabaab for a decade, why haven’t we won?” the team asked.

Another said: “With so much corruption in Africa, how much of our funding is stolen? Why should we spend these funds on Africa when we are suffering here in the U.S.?”

Monde Muyangwa, the Director of the Africa program at the Woodrow Wilson Institute, stated that the questions were necessary for an incoming government.

“Many of the questions that they are asking are the right questions that any incoming administration should ask,” she said.

But she also noted that “the framing of some of their questions suggests a narrower definition of U.S. interests in Africa, and a more transactional and short-term approach to policy and engagement with African countries.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 17 hours ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC
Forum | 1 day ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: Scrap Bands A, B, C Nonsense – Economist, Ayalowo Tells Tinubu, NERC

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 3 days ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Chibok Girls Abduction Has Left Scars On Lives Of Affected Victims, Their Families - Atiku
Forum | 3 days ago

Chibok Girls Abduction Has Left Scars On Lives Of Affected Victims, Their Families - Atiku